Yep, folks, it's THAT time of year again! Christmas is around the corner! No matter how chilled-out you are, busy shopping malls, a full social calendar, summer heat and extra spending can make for a stressful festive season. If you are prone to feeling the pressure, here are a few pointers to help bring back your jolly December 'Ho-jo'(see what I did there??)
1) Reframe your attitude - Do your best to change 'I'm too busy' or 'I'm so stressed out by Xmas', to a kinderand more constructive mindset. Yes, you may have a long to-do list and a busy dance card but the approach is up to you. Self-talk is powerful, so choose your wordscarefully. Try 'I'm taking things one step at a time', or 'I am simply doing what needs to be done', and notice thepositive shift.
2) Daily 'me time' - If you're an introvert like me, lots of extra socialising and time in crowded places can really throw you off balance. Make sure you make time for youover the holidays. At least 5 minutes alone, whether spent in meditation, a quick walk outdoors, a nap on the bed or extra shower time can help nurture YOU.
3) Cuddle and play with your special peeps - Such a cliche, but I know my kids and family will remember fun times, cuddles and games much more clearly than a pile of store-bought pressies. And a good hug is bound to helpmelt any tensions away!
4) Eat, drink and be healthy - OK, so we agree it is a great time to indulge and yummy foods and drink right?, but remember to keep up the H20, and perhaps throw in a daily green juice to fill your healthy cup. Where you can, favour light, juicy foods to keep your mind and body cool. Cooling foods include cucumbers, mint, and lime. (Over ice, anyone?)
5) Say 'No' -Yes means nothing if you can't say no. If you say yes to everything and everyone, you may burn out. Choose wisely and be prepared to say a firm but gentle no to some activities.
6) Let it Go - Yes, inevitably there'll be the extended family member who tut-tuts at your paleo lifestyle and serves you pasta bake or the one that will raise an eyebrow when you let your kids stay up too late... So it's up to you to put on your best Elsa voice and LET IT GO!
Remember, you CAN make a conscious decision about how you'll approach this Christmas and enjoy the journey!
Still got some Christmas Shopping to do?
How about a Yoga Bolster @ $60 from Stretch Now (click image for the link)-
I'm Bronni. I love to lie down. On a mat, perhaps with a blanket and yoga bolster. A 20 minute session can help me go from chaos to calm... These musings are all about finding calm, Restorative Yoga and it's amazing benefits.